I'm having memory card problems also. The photos upload differently, box has German Writing on it, photos no longer save into an album just separate AND my videos are not recognized or uploaded with the photos at all. Whats up. Windows 8.1 took over my computer two days ago and did it's upload with out me aking it too. Can I uninstall it somehow and go back to how the photos uploads and storage worked before. And the guy talking about the F file is correct, my isn't showing either.
SD Memory Card not working after Windows 8.1 install
After installing the Windows 8.1 over Windows 8, I am no longer able to save to F: drive - media card reader. The drive is not shown under devices and drives. The Troubleshooter as recommended in other posts could not fix the problem.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-10-29T19:36:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-10-30T11:25:40+00:00 Check out my previous post how to fix it.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-02T00:19:40+00:00 Hi. I have the same problem with my sd card. I have checked it using my mothers windows 7 laptop and it works fine. Not opening on my Windows 8.1 laptop though. I have only had this laptop for a week but have spent the last 3 days trying to get this working. I have installed all the drivers for my HP G2 255 Notebook and have no luck. I have tried running the troubleshooting and it just keeps saying "Hardware changes may not have been detected". I have looked in device manager and found the card reader and it says it is working fine so why does my memory card not open when inserted?
Please, please can someone tell me how to fix this! I have tried everything I can think of and also what has already been suggested here.
Many thanks
-
Anonymous
2014-11-02T00:22:13+00:00 My card reader is internal by the way not usb
-
Anonymous
2014-11-18T09:55:06+00:00 Hello. Surely you have configured fast start Windows. Try disconnecting fast start (in power options) and secure the card reader work because the Intel (R) 7 Series / C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 8 - 1E1E load properly.