I am experiencing this problem for a long time. After I updated to 8.1 my SD driver stopped working. Are there any REAL fixes for this problem yet?
SD Memory Card not working after Windows 8.1 install
After installing the Windows 8.1 over Windows 8, I am no longer able to save to F: drive - media card reader. The drive is not shown under devices and drives. The Troubleshooter as recommended in other posts could not fix the problem.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-07-10T19:35:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-11T06:31:05+00:00 I have the same problem after installing Windows 8.1 on my Dell Precision M4700. I have tried running the hardware troubleshooter and it always finds the problem and after that the SD card becomes visible. But after reboot I need to run the troubleshooter again.
I have found what happens is that one of the PCIe ports is disabled at boot:
Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 8 - 1E1E
I now use the Device Manager to enable this and then the card can be worked with. But still it is not persistent. After reboot I have to enable it again.
I guess there must be a way to make this port persistently enabled, but I have not found a way.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-15T23:22:07+00:00 The SD card in my Asus EP 121 Slate was no longer showing up in device manager or windows explorer. Running the troubleshooter as you suggested fixed some issues and the card reader is alive once more.
Thank you!
-
Anonymous
2014-09-17T04:51:12+00:00 Hi,
You are most welcome.
Please do let us know if you need any help with Windows related issues, we'll be glad to assist you.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more