I checked through the event log. It said the culprit was the Autodesk 360 DLL driver. So I removed all of autodesk. Ill let you know if the problem reoccurs.
runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe
Error message "runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe" comes up randomly. Is there any way of preventing this or fixing it?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-04T22:58:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-18T22:02:18+00:00 I get this same error since the upgrade from Win 8 to Win 8.1. I click OK on the error dialog, all my windows explorer windows close and everything's good after that. Until the next time.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-07T01:26:24+00:00 Knock on wood... I've been good for awhile, I just reinstalled a bunch of the programs that I had recently installed, and it has seemed to be good since....
-
Anonymous
2014-06-22T21:21:59+00:00 Error message of Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-05T14:59:07+00:00 Go to control panel and uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ except the version of 2010 and 2012.
When you try uninstalling the 2012 package it will show repair, uninstall and cancel options. Click repair and let the process complete. The it will tell you to restart you PC. Restart and your problem is fixed. If still your problem persists then uninstall the 2010 package of C++ and again install it. Restart your PC and the problem will be solved.