runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe

Anonymous
2013-10-20T15:36:41+00:00

Error message "runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe" comes up randomly. Is there any way of preventing this or fixing it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-22T21:21:59+00:00

    Error message of Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

    Runtime Error!

    Program: C:\windows\Explorer.EXE

    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-07T01:26:24+00:00

    Knock on wood... I've been good for awhile, I just reinstalled a bunch of the programs that I had recently installed, and it has seemed to be good since....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-18T22:02:18+00:00

    I get this same error since the upgrade from Win 8 to Win 8.1.  I click OK on the error dialog, all my windows explorer windows close and everything's good after that. Until the next time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T22:58:57+00:00

    I checked through the event log. It said the culprit was the Autodesk 360 DLL driver. So I removed all of autodesk. Ill let you know if the problem reoccurs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T07:55:07+00:00

    No luck with me. I removed C++ with the intent of installing it later. However i still get windows 8.1 crashes. This reverts the start bar to the middle screen.

    Pretty annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments