runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe

Anonymous
2013-10-20T15:36:41+00:00

Error message "runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe" comes up randomly. Is there any way of preventing this or fixing it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-27T00:44:39+00:00

    For me, I backed up my settings and all of the plugins I use in VS2013.  Then uninstalled VS2013.

    Once I finished that I went into programs and features and uninstalled every C++ redistributable package I could.  The ones I couldn't uninstall I took the repair option, there were only a couple. When that was done I reinstalled VS2013, plugins and restored the settings.  I can't remember but I think I ran ccleaner to clean up the registry first. 

    Everything has been working great since then.  I didn't mind reinstalling VS2013, I had been wanting to do that anyway just to clean everything up.  If you save your settings getting back up and running doesn't take to much time at all.

    I think that you could get away without uninstalling Visual Studio and just deleting / repairing the C++ redistributable packages then cleaning up the registry but didn't try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-26T07:46:12+00:00

    I've got all sorts of development software loaded on my PC and started getting this error message. As mentioned above what worked for me was deleting every instance of the C++ DLL on my system and re-installing Visual Studio 2013. Even trying to chase down this error in the debugger didn't work, only re-installing those DLLs worked for me.

    Could you tell me exactly how you did that?

    I need to have visual studio 2008, 2010 and 2012 installed on my machine. I can't uninstall them just to solve this issue.

    this error happens to me intermittently but only when I click on the "onedrive for business" synced folder on my win8.1. The forum support there pointed me to this thread.

    I have a few C++ runtime packages as you can see:

    Here is my original troubleshooting thread:

    http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/345787.aspx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-19T16:11:35+00:00

    Thanks, Thanki. Your solution is unique and sounds like something that might actually work(No offence to the other answers).  I am going to try this and if it works, I'll indicate that I found it helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-07T02:26:56+00:00

    I've got all sorts of development software loaded on my PC and started getting this error message. As mentioned above what worked for me was deleting every instance of the C++ DLL on my system and re-installing Visual Studio 2013. Even trying to chase down this error in the debugger didn't work, only re-installing those DLLs worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-06T13:36:06+00:00

    Thanks ! Your solution worked like a charm on my Windows 8.1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments