runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe

Anonymous
2013-10-20T15:36:41+00:00

Error message "runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe" comes up randomly. Is there any way of preventing this or fixing it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T08:14:34+00:00

    Hi Elvis

    Many thanks for you advice. I have not yet done with clean-boot step and shall check out now.

    However, you are correct and  Mcaffee could be one of the reason .

    I will update you shortly.

    Thanks once again.

    Sincerely

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Alvise C 56,036 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-15T13:28:26+00:00

    you followed this KB for perform a clean boot? 

    remember, it's possible that "there arethird-party software that create problems and interferes with explorer"

    in this case i think that the mcafee antivirus can interfere with the normal operation of the system

    let me know 

    Elvis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-15T12:58:20+00:00

    Hi Elvis

    Thank you for pointing me to the scenarios.

    I have done some troubleshooting suggested in this thread viz. removing and reinstalling the latest binaries from Microsoft, using sfc routine etc., no corruption of library has been found. I have nvidia driver insatalled and I am using this combination (windows 8.1 and nvidia driver) for last two years. This typical problem never came up until I did upgrade to Windows 10 64 Bit.

    Now a specific symptom is when I am hooked to internet using WiFi or LAN, this error never been seen. Whenever I snap the internet, and leave the machine idle for about 15 minutes, visual C++ runtime error pop-ups are getting tiled up on my desktop. Closing each of them will make the machine unresponsive for about 20 seconds and the screen gets refreshed, I get back the control.

    I have added an image of installed programs and versions.

    Anything more specific than what we have already tried, would definitely help.

    Thanks once again for your suggestions.

    RG

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Alvise C 56,036 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-02-24T08:14:39+00:00

    Hi Vlismas,

    The reasons may be multiple,that is:

    let me know if this helps

    Elvis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T23:26:19+00:00

    Didn't work.  Windows Explorer still crashing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments