runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe

Anonymous
2013-10-20T15:36:41+00:00

Error message "runtime error microsoft visual c++ explorer.exe" comes up randomly. Is there any way of preventing this or fixing it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-15T23:17:09+00:00

    I got the same message.  The problem with the answer is that I have many c++ programs installed, and this site,

    http://www.howtogeek.com/256245/why-are-there-so-many-microsoft-visual-c-redistributables-installed-on-my-pc/

    says it could be problematic to remove them all.

    I don't know if this problem (I've gotten the error message only twice; each time explorer then quits and reinstalls, but system does not crash), is related to my main problem, which is that since installing win10, system is crashing many times a day (not BSOD, but freezing).  I've checked all drivers and this happens when I'm doing nothing, when computer is idle, including with minimal programs running.  The reliability monitor gives no useful information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-21T10:23:06+00:00

    HI there

    When i try to back up my files in windows 10 to an external hdd in windows 10 ( free version ), it gives an error message Runtime Error! Program:C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe and says This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. I could not even log onto the internet!!So this was send on another pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-09T01:29:42+00:00

    Hi, 

    I had the same as you explained,

    I tried everything I read and nothing changed.

    My problem was because my computer got lag after working in AutoCAD and some other softwares at the same time! I had to force it to turn off. After I turned it on, the window of runtime error started to appear. 

    Summarizing, I just solved the problem unistalling the old version of AutoCAD I had (2013) and then installing the new one (2017)

    I hope it will help to some of you guys!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-21T20:47:30+00:00

    Hi

    I had the same problem. finally the below solution fixed the issue.. It was Mcafee online back shell which was causing this issue. Once I have disabled them as mentioned below, the issue is resolved.

    //

    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-visual-c-runtime-errors/

    Problematic Shell Extensions

    Download Nirsoft’s ShellExView for your system architecture (x86 or x64), install and run it. It will take a bit of time to examine the system and fill the table with data. Scroll across to the CLSID Modified Time column and click on the header to sort on this field. If you wish to exclude the modules provided by Microsoft, you can go to Options > Hide All Microsoft Extensions. For those using a 64-bit version of Windows, you may also want to show the 32-bit extensions on the system by going to Options > Show 32-bit Shell Extensions.

    Look for extensions that were added just before the symptoms began. Select one or more and press F7 or go to File > Disable Selected Items, or click on the red LED icon in the toolbar. Ideally, this should be done one at a time.

    Test to see if the symptoms persist. If they do, you can re-enable the previously disabled extension(s) by using F8, File > Enable Selected Items, or the green LED toolbar icon. From here, disable a different extension and repeat the testing process until you find the one causing the problem.//

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-17T01:37:56+00:00

    Hi Vismas,

    Does the issue occur mostly when you are working on windows explorer window?

    This type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation. To do this, follow these steps:

    Step 1:

    1.       Press Windows key + X, click on control panel.

    2.       Go to Programs and Features.

    3.       Locate Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.

    4.       Click Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall 

     

    NoteIf you cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ in the installed programs list, go to step 2

    Step 2: Follow the steps to remove the software.

    Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

    1.       Visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx 

    2.       Download latest Visual C++

    3.       Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers

    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

    I get this error when I hit ctrl alt del to try to login, so can't follow any of the suggestions I've seen online.  I bought Windows 8.1 online and don't have a recovery disk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments