Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There's a bug in the Windows 8.1 dialog box and context menu.
Steps to reproduce:
This is also present in the context menu selection, more specifically in the 'send to', icons are surrounded by a black edge. But hovering over them will make the black lines disappear.
I can perfectly replicate it on 3 machines (2 of which are clean installs of 8.1), other users have also confirmed it. See screenshots below.
I'm using the latest WHQL Nvidia driver if that matters.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay in response.
We were able to recreate the issue and have escalated the case to the concerned team. We will let you know if we have any updates on the issue.
Thank you.
Good to hear that.
I noticed that the folder icon has been fixed since Update 1 of Windows 8.1. However, other icons in the delete prompt still have these weird shades or lines around them:
This also still goes for the icons in the Send To menu.
I have Windows 8.1 Update 1, and the issue is still there.
1- Empty your recycling bin if it's not.
2- Delete a file
3- Empty the recycling bin, and you will see the icon being display, no mater the format, will show stepping (aliasing) everywhere that is diagonal.
I have this issue on my desktop with Nvidia GPU (GeForce GTX 260), and my Surface Pro 2.
Both running Windows 8.1 Update 1, fully updated, latest drivers for everything in the system (just checked)
I take that back, the corrupted folder icon is back again. It was properly shown for a day or two for some reason.
Friends, try these instructions..