Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There's a bug in the Windows 8.1 dialog box and context menu.
Steps to reproduce:
This is also present in the context menu selection, more specifically in the 'send to', icons are surrounded by a black edge. But hovering over them will make the black lines disappear.
I can perfectly replicate it on 3 machines (2 of which are clean installs of 8.1), other users have also confirmed it. See screenshots below.
I'm using the latest WHQL Nvidia driver if that matters.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
I just happen to think about this myself. I do indeed have the Shark007 codecs installed. It seems that the "Icarus Thumbnailing" that comes standard with the codecs was the culprit. Even disabling the Icaros Thumbnailing did not reset the icons. However, removing and reinstalling the modern Windows Music app let the app take over the audio files again and the icons are fixed!
Thanks for your help!
I just happen to think about this myself. I do indeed have the Shark007 codecs installed. It seems that the "Icarus Thumbnailing" that comes standard with the codecs was the culprit. Even disabling the Icaros Thumbnailing did not reset the icons. However, removing and reinstalling the modern Windows Music app let the app take over the audio files again and the icons are fixed!
Thanks for your help!
You did not have you remove anything. You could have just set Windows Media Player as the default music player from here!
I know that. What I meant is that if you associate it with the modern Music app, it gives you the ugly icon while it shouldn't. If you associate it with WMP like you said it gives you a standard music icon shown in my first post. I wanted it to show the standard Music app icon but that could only be fixed if Icaros Thumbnailing was disabled and the Music app is reinstalled.
I'm having the same problem on my machine.
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
After I fix one bug microsoft introduces another.
Why can't this product just work a 100%?
I mean common. Microsoft at least respond to this thread.