Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There's a bug in the Windows 8.1 dialog box and context menu.
Steps to reproduce:
This is also present in the context menu selection, more specifically in the 'send to', icons are surrounded by a black edge. But hovering over them will make the black lines disappear.
I can perfectly replicate it on 3 machines (2 of which are clean installs of 8.1), other users have also confirmed it. See screenshots below.
I'm using the latest WHQL Nvidia driver if that matters.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
Yup a bug.
I have the same problem on my side.
I have an Nvidia GPU (GTX 260) and also happens on my laptop (Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M).
It could be an Nvidia driver bug. Do you guys have an Nvidia GPU?
Unlikely, I've seen it on systems with integrated Intel graphics too.
Hi James,
Yep seems to be so, since I have GT555m and another laptop with GT660m, both of which has the same set of issues.
Also if u go to shortcut "Add folder to library", u'll see the same issue there as well..
Getting sick and tired of these issues, the most frustrating part is that this comes from Microsoft.. Crossed all the hurdles like,
Should have stuck to Windows 7 or even Windows 8.. My bad... :(
Yup a bug.
I have the same problem on my side.
I have an Nvidia GPU (GTX 260) and also happens on my laptop (Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M).
It could be an Nvidia driver bug. Do you guys have an Nvidia GPU?
Alright, this happened with me too. I'm updating windows to see if it makes any difference!
Updating won't help, it's a clear Windows 8.1 bug.
Yeah, I did all the updates that are released till date and the bug still persists. I hope they see it and fix it soon.
P.S. It sometimes disappears though. but the black borders around the icons in the send to menu are consistent. I have the latest AMD WHQL drivers.