Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There's a bug in the Windows 8.1 dialog box and context menu.
Steps to reproduce:
This is also present in the context menu selection, more specifically in the 'send to', icons are surrounded by a black edge. But hovering over them will make the black lines disappear.
I can perfectly replicate it on 3 machines (2 of which are clean installs of 8.1), other users have also confirmed it. See screenshots below.
I'm using the latest WHQL Nvidia driver if that matters.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
I just happen to think about this myself. I do indeed have the Shark007 codecs installed. It seems that the "Icarus Thumbnailing" that comes standard with the codecs was the culprit. Even disabling the Icaros Thumbnailing did not reset the icons. However, removing and reinstalling the modern Windows Music app let the app take over the audio files again and the icons are fixed!
Thanks for your help!
You did not have you remove anything. You could have just set Windows Media Player as the default music player from here!
I just happen to think about this myself. I do indeed have the Shark007 codecs installed. It seems that the "Icarus Thumbnailing" that comes standard with the codecs was the culprit. Even disabling the Icaros Thumbnailing did not reset the icons. However, removing and reinstalling the modern Windows Music app let the app take over the audio files again and the icons are fixed!
Thanks for your help!
This can happen due to codec issues. You have any codec packs installed? I remember it happening to my PC to a while back. Don't remember how it got fixed.
Get your registry cleaned. I think that might fix these issues. Also, if you have anything that stops unnecessary Windows services, like the iobit Game Booster or TuneUp Utilities Turbo/Economy mode, trying switching them off. That will also fix some issues.
Hmm.. weird. What icon DO you have for mp3's then? I noticed that any other file extensions associated with the Music app (wma, wav) gives me that ugly icon.