Temp files windows opens on start up

Anonymous
2014-07-20T19:14:11+00:00

Everytime i turn my laptop on the Temp files window opens automatically how can i stop this? its driving me mad

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T21:00:57+00:00

    Hi,

    Possibly the charger program or a battery checking program.

    Has to be something called in your StartUp since it does it then as well.

    Rob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T20:57:47+00:00

    I spoke too soon, I just plugged my charger in and the folder popped up again!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T20:18:25+00:00

    Hi,

    You need to check with Google Chrome's Support and their forums.

    Google Chrome Support

    http://www.google.com/support/chrome/

    Google Chrome Forums

    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome?hl=en&utm_source=HC&utm_medium=leftnav&utm_campaign=chrome

    Glad to have helped. Sounds like you did some very good troubleshooting!

    (If a reply was the solution please mark it as the "Answer" or if it was helpful

    please mark it as "Found this helpful - Me Too". Those help others find the

    proper solutions.)

    Moving everyday, going further on,


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T20:05:28+00:00

    I've discovered the cause of the problem, its to do with Google Chrome I haven't solved the problem, I've switched browsers i'm now using IE & it hasn't popped up since.

    I'm presuming its something to do with the browser settings but as I don't know how to adjust the settings, I've decided to stick with IE to save all the hassle and frustration.

    Thank you so much for all your help and advice, I really appreciate it :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T16:08:49+00:00

    Hi,

    In Autoruns it is most likely in the top section on the Logon Tab - also check the Explorer

    tab - though it can be in others.

    In Event Viewer there can be other events than 1034 though all should be under the Msinstaller

    column.

    We don't offer remote support so you would need Microsoft Support.

    Call Microsoft Customer Service direct - 1-800-642-7676 - hours 5 AM

    til 9 PM PST time (USA) - Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM

    PST time (USA). In Canada, call (877)568-2495.

    Contact Microsoft Customer Service

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295539

    Microsoft Support - Contact Us

    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0

    Microsoft - Phone Numbers for Microsoft Technical Support

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319726/en-us

    Microsoft - Contact Us by Email

    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_selector_email?ws=support%2csupport

    Windows 8.1 Solution Center - there are options and a "Get live help"

    http://support.microsoft.com/find-solutions/windows/windows-8-1/

    Windows 8 Solution Center - there are options and a "Get live help"

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-8

    Microsoft Solution Centers - Select Product

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

    Hope this helps.


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments