Temp files windows opens on start up

Anonymous
2014-07-20T19:14:11+00:00

Everytime i turn my laptop on the Temp files window opens automatically how can i stop this? its driving me mad

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T22:01:54+00:00

    This is really confusing me as i'm no IT expert, i wish i had someone who knows what their doing to do all this for me, i'm scared i'll make things worse!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T21:41:42+00:00

    Sorry I'm going to jump in the middle here. When you start up to laptop is it from sleep and cold start? And did I understand you have the issue when you plug it in?

    If you haven't do these two things windows key + X select admin command prompt and run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    You said you had a lot of errors in event viewer so that will kill two birds with one stone. And not all events are errors that repeat.

    next do a search with advanced options set to file contents in file explorer for you temp file address you can try with both c:\ and just the last part. I am wondering if something has added a command to open your temp file location inside an .ini or startup file for a program.

    The next thing I would try is closing the folder and turning off a process then enabling it to see if one pops up. I would guess maybe your DVD drive but that is just a guess.

    EDIT


    Sorry I was on my phone which had a mind of its own today

    Look in here to see if there is a shortcut to the temp file location. It may be a hidden file so make sure in the file explorer ribbion the view tab has show hidden items selected

    C:\Users(User-Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    While you are there you can look in all of them so see if there is a shortcut to it I would look in google to see if there is one since you said it happened more while that was in use. Maybe searching for the word "shortcut" or "temp" will give you a list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T21:24:43+00:00

    Try the clean boot again and look in the AutoRuns - Run (top frame when Everything tab

    is selected).

    If the program is supposed to respond when certain conditions exist then it will be hard to

    detect.

    And plugging the unit in may not have actually been the trigger. Try doing it several time

    to see if it repeats. Use the computer a bit after unplugging before plugging back in (couple

    of minutes).

    Rob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T21:10:24+00:00

    What do I look for in Startup regarding the battery program?

    Also its been fine while the charger wasn't plugged in but as soon as I plugged it in it popped up, could it because its always connected to the charger?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T21:05:41+00:00

    Its a bit odd as I've been in the garden with the laptop and I came in and plugged it in and it popped up straightaway, could it be because it's plugged in all the time?

    And what do i look for regards the battery/charger program?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments