Temp files windows opens on start up

Anonymous
2014-07-20T19:14:11+00:00

Everytime i turn my laptop on the Temp files window opens automatically how can i stop this? its driving me mad

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T22:39:59+00:00

    I think i'm gonna have to give up, I can't find any of those files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T22:28:57+00:00

    This is what it says

    Error 87

    The online/ cleanup- image option is unknown

    For more information, refer to help by DISM.exe /?.

    The DISM log file can be found at c:\windows\logs\DISM\dism.log

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T22:20:31+00:00

    The DISM command came back saying error 87 maybe I did something wrong,  and it doesn't sound scary, it sounds absolutely terrifying!! but I need to sort this out as its doing my head in & is so annoying!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T22:13:01+00:00

    The dism command won't mess anything up it just is a tool created by MSFT to check the systems files for errors then it uses windows update to get the correct file and replaces it so its just as easy as running an update. I'll try and break up the other stuff into easier to follow instructions. Most of it just sounds scarey.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T22:06:24+00:00

    Rob 

    I'm seeing these items in Autoruns in this section

    >HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components 22/08/2013 16:43

    >Themes Setup File not found: /UserInstall

    >Windows Desktop Update File not found: U

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments