Temp files windows opens on start up

Anonymous
2014-07-20T19:14:11+00:00

Everytime i turn my laptop on the Temp files window opens automatically how can i stop this? its driving me mad

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T07:45:06+00:00

    Yes get rid of migwiz and those shortcuts. SprintX was saying to create a restore point in case you change something that effects your system you can use it to restore

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T07:36:31+00:00

    I do have One Drive and I used that to transfer my data from my desktop (because its dying hence me getting the laptop) so I need to delete Migwig??

    I did a system restore on Saturday but I only went back to 28/6/14 and that didn't do anything at all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T02:02:44+00:00

    Rob 

    I'm seeing these items in Autoruns in this section

    >HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components 22/08/2013 16:43

    >Themes Setup File not found: /UserInstall

    >Windows Desktop Update File not found: U

    That probably isn't it however you can remove it anyway. Make a Restore Point before removing

    it.

    How to Create a Restore Point in Windows 8 and 8.1

    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4690-restore-point-create-windows-8-a.html

    Rob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T23:43:51+00:00

    I think you found it! Maybe. MigWiz is a migration wizard that allows for easy transfer to another PC. Now it is easier to use onedrive. I don't know if they made one for windows 8. Is this an upgrade from windows 7 or every use something like that?

    Now my next question is do you need those files in the temp folder? Verify you don't need them. Uninstall MigWiz and see if that fixes your issue. It may have not completed or started a transfer which is why it is opening it.

    If you want it back here is a link to download it. http://windows.microsoft.com/windows-easy-transfer

    There is no reason I can think of for there to be a shortcut to Temporary Internet Files in that location. And the shortcut to History is a little weird too. Any clue how it got there? Maybe Google Chrome?

    The other files that used a unique name probably are left over from an installation but this shouldn't be there for any reason I can think of. You can open them with notepad to read what is inside. If the issue persists after everything else you can but them in a new folder to see if any program breaks and if it does just but them back. That is up to you.

    You can download that to check for malware, just incase. IT expires 10 days from when you download it

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T23:18:56+00:00

    this is where I found it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments