My Windows 7 weather gadget on my desktop has changed color

Anonymous
2013-11-12T09:17:11+00:00

After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.

Jimmy

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-12T10:02:58+00:00

Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-09T14:28:49+00:00

    I thought that I wouldn't be able to live without gadgets. You would be surprised at how easy it is.

    When running Windows 7, I had the Calendar, Weather Centre and Network Monitor running. Windows 8 doesn't allow gadgets and I was a little disappointed.

    In order: applies to Windows Vista, 7 and 8..

    1. If you click on the System Tray clock, it shows a full clock and Calendar. The great thing about this feature is that resources are already allocated for it, being part of the system, so it doesn't take up resource which could be used for something else..
    2. Weather Centre was a great gadget. It could pick up of any one of six weather providers, and the graphics were really good and highly customizable. I picked up off Weather Network because is gives bad weather alerts. Weather Network does a nice little system tray utility which does the same job with a fraction of the resources..
    3. The Network monitor showed if the router and four PC's were connected to the Internet. Heh, the router is right in front of me, I can see three of the PC's from where I sit, and the fourth is packed in a bag ready for excursions that I make..

     My PC says 'thanks' for knocking out the junk overhead stuff. Yours would probably say the same.. :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-11T19:38:04+00:00

    this actually works!

    I tried a number of complicated fixes but this just worked straight up

    thanks a million

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-19T02:34:55+00:00

    I reported to microsoft with this issue and since they discontinued gadgets in windows 8, they were not gonna fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-19T11:00:12+00:00

    I reported to microsoft with this issue and since they discontinued gadgets in windows 8, they were not gonna fix this

    From which we can infer that they no longer properly support their current software running on Windows 7.

    Well since Windows 8 (and Office 2013 come to that, which I made the mistake of installing on my Win7 laptop) is such a dog's dinner, especially interface-wise, I can't see any further reasons to pay them for it and I'm sticking with older product on the rest of my computers. No wonder they are going down the pan compared to other type of OS and browser these days; they must see the same sort of stats that I see when I check my website's access logs, and I've never seen big a decline in usage stats for their products.

    Maybe they will learn their lesson with Windows 9 and will bring back more elements of the far superior desktop interface that they had finally got pretty much right in Windows 7 (and then completely wrecked in Windows 8, which is fine for tablets but terrible for larger-screen power users).

    Andre

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments