My Windows 7 weather gadget on my desktop has changed color

Anonymous
2013-11-12T09:17:11+00:00

After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.

Jimmy

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-12T10:02:58+00:00

Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T12:13:29+00:00

    Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

    This "works."  That is, moving my custom setting back down to 100% resolves the problem.  However, I need the larger size.  Whatever update that was made to the weather and clock gadgets wasn't propagated to the skins used in 125% or 150%.  So, after reboot, when I put it back to 125%, the problem returns (blurry "EGA-looking" colors on the weather gadget, and invisible clock gadget.  Hopefully someone at MSFT gets this bug on a release train in the near future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T18:45:37+00:00

    I'm just like you, also, Mr. Spiffy.........I need the fonts larger, I can live without the weather gadget, except it's nice to know how cold it is here in Minnesota. Good Day & THANX!!..............

    ..............Jimmy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T06:52:08+00:00

    All you have to do is uninstall IE11 and downgrade back to IE10

    It's very simple, all you do is go to Windows Update

    Click Installed Updates in the bottom left hand corner

    In the Search Bar at the very top right, simply type in Internet Explorer and it should pop right up.

    Then uninstall Internet Explorer 11, it will downgrade you back to IE10.

    If you want to prevent windows from automatically updating you back to IE11 go to Help>About Internet Explorer and uncheck Install new versions automatically then press OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T22:15:50+00:00

    Thanx pokebud..........everything worked fine, I am back to ver. 10. I think the last time I reverted back in IE was in 2001 when I had Windows ME, my processor speed was 700mhz, a whopping 64 mbs of some kind of RAM, and a 30 gb hard drive. Actually, it was a nice system, better than Windows 3.0.  I think I went from IE 5.5 to 5.0.

    ........Jimmy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments