Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.
Jimmy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Hi Jimmy!
No, you didn't do anything wrong. There are quite a few other people experiencing problems with IE 11 and gadgets.
For now, I suggest you just wait a bit and "live" with the pinkish weather gadget. I would imagine, that "sooner or later" it will be fixed automatically, perhaps even through the November-updates.
Sorry, that I'm not able to supply THE solution.
Hope that's at least helpful...
Cheers
Julia
Information: Obviously Microsoft silently decided "to discontinue Gadgets because of security-concerns": http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows/gadgets
How to disable gadgets: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/dn261332
Cheers
Julia
Julia.........I went and lowered my font size to 100%, and it brought back both gadgets, no pink involved! Then I raised it to 125%, both by customizing and clicking on the 125% check box and restarted and both times the weather gadget went back to pink and blurry font. I see in search engines all over that IE 11 has caused lots of big and little problems........I just deleted both gadgets, I can't believe that Microsoft took so long to tell the public that installing gadgets on desktop can be hazardous!! I mean it has taken MS since 2006 to figure out that gadgets, more specifically, online gadgets could be dangerous? Some **** sites are safer than some of those online gadget sites, so I've heard :)
But thanks Julia !! Take the rest of the day off.
Jimmy
Well, I do remember that there were security-related concerns regarding gadgets already some time ago (maybe a year?) and that it was proposed at that time to refrain from using them. But - reading now that they are actually discontinued was new to me...
I, too, would wish that Microsofts information politics would be clearer and easier to find and get at...
Thanks for the feedback, Jimmy, and have a great day :)
Julia