Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.
Jimmy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Hi!
Here is a Fix for Gadget display issues after IE11 Installation on Windows 7:
"
Ghacks reader DrDivan55 found a way to resolve the issue for individual gadgets without having to modify the system's DPI setting in the process.
(autoscaleDPI)(!--_locComment_text="{Locked}"--)true(/autoscaleDPI)
Do not leave an empty row in the script, just delete the whole row that has that tag. Setting the tag to autoscale (e.g. (autoscaleDPI)true(/autoscaleDPI)) will not help unless someone wants to play around and modify the whole gadget script which includes modifying the other files in that folder. I will experiment with that when I have the time & if I succeed I will post a solution. 3. Use a program like Unlocker to rename the original file adding a ".bak" extension (e.g. gadget.xml.bak). Unlocker couldn't find the locking process for me, but asked what I wanted to do with the file, so I chose rename. Once you do that, Unlocker seems to unlock the whole folder. So it's easy to go to the next step now. 4. Move the modified file back to the original folder. If access is denied just use Unlocker again-this time to move the modified file. 5. Start the gadget you modified. It should display correctly now, but in a smaller size than the other gadgets that were not affected.
Notes:
If someone has custom language packs installed, don't forget to modify the XML file in the corresponding language folders."
Source and more information: http://www.ghacks.net/2013/11/18/fix-gadget-display-issues-
Cheers
Julia
Thanks for this advice. IE 11 has NOT worked for me either (I have Windows 7) -- in addition to the weather gadget turning pink and blurry, there is a weird thick black bar to the right of all websites and the right scrollbar doesn't work anymore, plus the cursor is screwy. Maybe this update is better suited for touchscreens or for Windows 8. I am going to rid myself of the update immediately. Thanks again.
The same thing happened to me. It would be nice if things like this were tested before released! :(
I am pretty sure that that swell ME OS had something to do with it :)