My Windows 7 weather gadget on my desktop has changed color

Anonymous
2013-11-12T09:17:11+00:00

After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.

Jimmy

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-12T10:02:58+00:00

Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T18:56:32+00:00

    I tried upgrading twice (to 8) this year, both times I was told my Windows versions were "not genuine". One time I purchased it from the Microsoft Store!!!

    ........Jimmy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T00:28:30+00:00

    Sounds more like they want you to upgrade to Win 8.1... The only security issue I have is with Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-16T14:23:21+00:00

    That worked perfectly for me, thanks pokebud. 

    Those gadgets are not amazingly important but when you get used to them ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-03T21:49:04+00:00

    Unfortunately deleting the (autoscaleDPI)(!--_locComment_text="{Locked}"--)true(/autoscaleDPI) line did not resolve the issue for us, for the many people we've been supporting that have this issue.

    Setting the DPI to 119 was the solution on our end and it's extremely frustrating that Microsoft hasn't fixed this as it's been a tech support pain in the **** for us!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments