Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.
Jimmy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

All you have to do is uninstall IE11 and downgrade back to IE10
It's very simple, all you do is go to Windows Update
Click Installed Updates in the bottom left hand corner
In the Search Bar at the very top right, simply type in Internet Explorer and it should pop right up.
Then uninstall Internet Explorer 11, it will downgrade you back to IE10.
If you want to prevent windows from automatically updating you back to IE11 go to Help>About Internet Explorer and uncheck Install new versions automatically then press OK
So, as it turns you can update to IE11 and not change your DPI settings and keep all your gadgets, you just need to install this program
It also brings back the gadgets to windows 8/8.1 if you feel like upgrading.
Great stuff back to normal now great fix thanks for your help
Why is there such an extensive discussion here on Microsoft when the current position as far as it is able to be determined is Microsoft is recommending that gadgets be disabled. How are we to know what the truth is when the current release of Windows 7 has gadgets included and there has been no update to disable them. I get messages at OneDrive site to disable gadgets and then am led over here for discussion where there are extensive directions about how to get gadgets to run properly. There is not just a problem with hackers trying to attack using the gadgets, but there is a problem with the way Microsoft handles the problem and tells you to disable them in one place and how to get them to run here. This is irresponsible and misleading.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've got Windows 7 (64-bit). My weather gadget suddenly changed color (no background, and info display in blurry pink), after installing the latest Windows Updates.
I first tried changing font display size back to 100%- that corrected the gadget display problem. But I wanted to keep my custom display size (110%) as well.
So I downgraded Internet Explorer - from IE11 to IE10. (That required some research, but after I identified the proper steps, it went smoothly). And after rebooting, everything is working properly again. The weather gadget displays correctly, along with my custom display size.