My Windows 7 weather gadget on my desktop has changed color

Anonymous
2013-11-12T09:17:11+00:00

After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.

Jimmy

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-12T10:02:58+00:00

Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-20T21:44:27+00:00

    Many, many thanks JuliaIbiza!!.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T03:25:51+00:00

    Thanks, I tried everything suggested and nothing worked but after installing that program all my weather gadgets started working again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-06T03:37:17+00:00

    hi... i see many comments... easiest way just go control panel, programms , view installed updates, and uninstall kernal framework update, u can use EI 11 still and all gadgets will back, hope will help somone thanks....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T09:20:56+00:00

    Yes  I have the same problem. My weather gadget changed colour - it is  is a sort of pinky purple magenta colour. My screen resolution was set so that the text size was medium. When I set it to small the gadget reverts to normal. Maybe I can download something from somewhere else - or just look out of the window!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments