My Windows 7 weather gadget on my desktop has changed color

Anonymous
2013-11-12T09:17:11+00:00

After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.

Jimmy

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-12T10:02:58+00:00

Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-09T11:36:06+00:00

    All you have to do is uninstall IE11 and downgrade back to IE10

    It's very simple, all you do is go to Windows Update

    Click Installed Updates in the bottom left hand corner

    In the Search Bar at the very top right, simply type in Internet Explorer and it should pop right up.

    Then uninstall Internet Explorer 11, it will downgrade you back to IE10.

    If you want to prevent windows from automatically updating you back to IE11 go to Help>About Internet Explorer and uncheck Install new versions automatically then press OK

    Thank You!! The best answer!

    PS Vote for Most Helpful Reply! Do not be shy!

    PPS LOL :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-05T08:58:56+00:00

    After my pc auto updated last night i also got this, the only gadget that looked normal was the calendar, Anyway, i just followed the instruction to change the system DPI back to normal (100%) size and it fixed it for me also...... I then changed my desktop resolution instead as i need the text bigger when running 1080p resolution on my TV, :) Hope this helps someone :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T18:56:32+00:00

    I tried upgrading twice (to 8) this year, both times I was told my Windows versions were "not genuine". One time I purchased it from the Microsoft Store!!!

    ........Jimmy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T00:28:30+00:00

    Sounds more like they want you to upgrade to Win 8.1... The only security issue I have is with Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments