My Windows 7 weather gadget on my desktop has changed color

Anonymous
2013-11-12T09:17:11+00:00

After installing Internet Explorer 11 via Windows Update, I restarted the computer and my weather gadget had turned pink and blurry. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be nice.

Jimmy

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-12T10:02:58+00:00

Some users say that gadgets work fine again when they change the DPI (Display Size Settings) to 100% Smaller Fonts. How you do that is described here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T05:27:04+00:00

    I am pretty sure that that swell ME OS had something to do with it :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T02:23:42+00:00

    Take it back up to IE11, lose the weather gadget and use this one..

    Weather Network.. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather-apps/pc

    This one sits in the notification area.

    The clue re gadgets was the removal of the Windows Gadget store and a warning that some gadgets may not be safe to use..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T02:03:04+00:00

    no problem, if I remember correctly the problem with IE 5.5 was that it couldn't run Active X properly or some such nonsense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T22:15:50+00:00

    Thanx pokebud..........everything worked fine, I am back to ver. 10. I think the last time I reverted back in IE was in 2001 when I had Windows ME, my processor speed was 700mhz, a whopping 64 mbs of some kind of RAM, and a 30 gb hard drive. Actually, it was a nice system, better than Windows 3.0.  I think I went from IE 5.5 to 5.0.

    ........Jimmy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments