states that it is invalid code?? powercfg –restoredefaultschemes.
I tried copy and paste also. invalid code again
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Since upgrading (?) from Windows 8 to 8.1 the usual screensaver does not come on at all. I have tried everything I can think of and what suggestions I can get from whatever source to solve this problem, but have failed. Does anyone know of a conflict that could be causing this problem. Prior to the upgrade the screensaver was coming on as scheduled and I was able to change the view to whatever I wanted to. Now there is no setting or combination of adjustments that work. I would like to start a thread on this problem to see if anyone else has had this problem and was it solvable or is there any hope. Yes, I have Googled the problem already and tried the suggestions there, but I am willing to try anything that anyone can think of.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
states that it is invalid code?? powercfg –restoredefaultschemes.
I tried copy and paste also. invalid code again
Exactly my problem. Worked with Windows 8 perfectly. Not now that I have upgraded to 8.1. Very frustrating as this is how I view my travel and family photos in my living room. I have done everything that you have done.
I found this issue with my new HP Desktop after only using it for a couple weeks. I've tried everything! FINALLY FOUND THE ISSUE!!! My wireless HP printer worked but would not scan to the computer, would only scan from HP's web based controls. I completely uninstalled all of my printer files and did a generic printer install from control panel. Generic icon is all that shows now, but everything is working perfectly! Scan to computer works as does my screensaver and sleep mode.
Makes no sense, after all these years you would think Microsoft would finally have this all figured out, but I guess not................................After Win Vista, who would think this would all still be an issue.
I have spent the last 4 hours trying to figure this out thank you so much your solution worked, I want my XP back! Never had any issues of any kind like this.
Hi Dean,
Thank you for sharing the information with us.
Try this and check.
Make sure you have the following power settings set on your laptop.
- In the Power options window, set "Choose when to turn off the display" to never.
- Set "Change when the computer sleep" to Never.
Set the Screensaver timing to 2 minutes and check.
Note: This setting is just to check if the screensaver works with this setting.
I would suggest you to try loading a different screen saver and check if the issue persists:
How to use screen savers
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/using-screen-savers
Download and install the chipset drivers from the computer manufacture’s website, this might help you.
I had a brand new laptop with 8.1 installed and I could not make my screen saver work. Setting everything to "NEVER" worked for me, Thank You for your advice.