Majorlinus: Thank you for your reply and no apology is necessary. After reading the links you provided which contains the information I had not had access to for some reason, I can fill in the blanks on what you were talking about. I think we all need the big picture and all the comments before we jump to conclusions. I have been on this thread since the beginning and thought I was linked in to receive responses from everywhere, but I guess that is not the case.
As I have said, I have tried the suggestions offered. However, it is not consistent in what causes it. I have disabled certain processes and tested it only to find it apparently did not work. But when I come back to the computer later - at least in a couple of cases - the screen saver was operating !! However later that same day I could not get it to open. Therefore I think it is not one process but maybe several at different times that is the problem. Are all these processes supposed to turn off when you are not actively using them?? That is, is there something in Windows that is supposed to know when to turn these active processes off???
Anyway - thanks for your reply. This is just not the most important problem in the world.
Dean V. Dannewitz