Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!
My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on
I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you! This worked for me and was a simple fix. I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds. I then replace the battery and it starts up. It's an awkward fix but it worked great.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-12-26T02:09:29+00:00 I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Hi, I am experiencing a slightly different problem. My t100 will not turn on at all. It has a very bright blue light right next to the power button. But when I go to turn it on the screen stays black but the light disappears for a few seconds. Please email me at ******@gmail.com with the appropriate information on how to fix this problem.
-
Anonymous
2014-12-26T22:28:32+00:00 i had similar problems as a lot of you guys with my T100. basically, though, mine would lock up after or while charging, along with some other odd issues. unfortunately for me, I bought a 'refurbished' unit, and I didn't even use it for a month or two until after I'd purchased it, and Asus later informed me that they would only honor a 1 month warranty, which I was past - especially after being strung along from ASUS phone support for at least a month with "try this and get back to us" suggestions.
anyway, I now officially hate Asus, and my advice is to talk to asus ASAP and don't let them string you along too long. they FINALLY had me send in my T100, and then they wanted ~$185 to replace the battery that they said was bad (that must have been bad at the time I first purchased it) and maybe some other stuff. they refuse to pay for these repairs - wouldn't even 'goodwill' the piece of **** tablet that I have spent hours and hours trying to fix - and when I said thanks for nothing, send it back unrepaired and you've earned a 'hater' for life, and are you sure you don't want to do the right thing and fix this for me?... well, then the invoices and the online file of complaints I had lodged against them on their repair site just vanished and now I have no record of anything once again. I have no idea where my broken tablet is, but even if they had sent it back to me, I would have probably just "Office Spaced" it onto the concrete, haha. seriously, what good is it to me? I can't even re-sell it with a clear conscious, even though that's exactly what Asus did to me.
so my advice? have it fixed immediately - knowing that there could be some weird battery issue going on that is affecting other things - and if anyone hasn't yet bought an asus t100 - DON'T!!!! Oh yeah, and don't buy anything from Asus ever again - they don't deserve your business and god help you if you have an issue because they will not try to help you if it costs them a dime - even if it is completely their 'fault' and it would be the right thing to do. Asus, thanks for absolutely nothing.
-
Anonymous
2015-01-10T15:43:27+00:00 I have Asus T200 and the same problem occured. Pressing the power button for 10 seconds helped.