My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-30T00:14:00+00:00

    I have similar issues and its also a known bug with the asus t100 see link:

    http://www.engadget.com/discuss/power-button-issues-resolved-1mbk/

    I have yet to try the suggestions in the link, but if I'm not satisfied after the fact then I will take it back to the store where I got it from.  Still under warranty for 12 months... let them have the headaches!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-31T03:25:34+00:00

    This is going to sound very silly, but I just did it and it fixed the problem: try closing the lid for a couple of seconds, then open it up and press the power button again. I was having the same problem and, since closing and opening it seemed to fix a little issue with my mousepad not working, I thought I would try it for this problem, and it did the trick.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-31T18:11:17+00:00

    Hi Mister,

    Thank you so much for sharing this information with us and I appreciate that.

    It seems like your suggestion was helpful for some of your members.

     If you need any assistance with Windows Operating System, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments