My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-16T13:23:10+00:00

    10-20 sec hold worked for me! Had the same issue, wouldn't turn on after charging all night. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-25T18:39:58+00:00

    My new ASUS T100 tablet purchased in April 2014 has the same problem.  The only way to get it to power on is to hold the power button down for longer than 10 seconds, close the tablet/mobile docking pad, and open it again. Then the sign on screen appears.  Since I purchased it from Best Buy, their "Geek Squad" sent it off to KY for repair and it was returned yesterday with the same problem (and all the others it was sent in for, such as the mobile docking pad keyboard not working).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-29T00:36:36+00:00

    Oh my gosh! I thought I was going to ruin that poor pc of mine, but it worked! I got it only 2 days ago, asus should really fix this! But thank you very very much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments