My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-13T14:34:16+00:00

    I had the same issue I follow the instructions the pop the screen off and yes I reseated the battery cable in my issues were gone thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-22T07:35:44+00:00

    This worked perfectly! I was able to ply off the back and reseat the battery as well as add more padding to keep the battery from moving so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T06:36:28+00:00

    I also had the issue with a blinking charging light and the T100 not charging.  I tried a number of cords and power bricks, including a standard 500ma 5V USB "trickle charge" from a PC as suggested in other posts I have seen.  I wasn't looking forward to sending the unit back for repair, having already waited a month for ASUS to replace a faulty SSD disk in it previously.

    The issue turned out to be, as suggested above, a loose connector on the battery.

    Mine didn't have any tape over it, but I can see that the battery just seems to be stuck in with tape, and the connector cable is so short the slightest movement can make it come out, so a bit of rough treatment and that could happen.

    I even went out and bought a guitar pick specifically for this job.  The back came off eventually, just be careful with the USB and HDMI sockets that you don't pull them off with the cover.  Thanks Flxnyc and others for the tip!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments