Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!
My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on
I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you! This worked for me and was a simple fix. I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds. I then replace the battery and it starts up. It's an awkward fix but it worked great.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-04-14T16:47:09+00:00 Happened with my wife's T100 as well. My friend also had experienced similar issue with an older model. He advised me to put it in the freezer for no more than 9 mins, about 6-7 should do it. Then I held the power button and top volume button in for 1 minute to reset. Released. Then pressed the power button again. Then it sprang to life.
-
Anonymous
2016-04-18T12:24:36+00:00 ine also it says charging but using more than going in
-
Anonymous
2016-04-18T23:30:21+00:00 On a T100 TAF try holding down the power button for 1 minute. After 1 minute turn on power button again. If it doesn't turn on, depress power button again for 20 seconds. If this solve your problem contact Asus.