Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!
My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on
I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you! This worked for me and was a simple fix. I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds. I then replace the battery and it starts up. It's an awkward fix but it worked great.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-03-18T17:44:58+00:00 Good evening
My T100 just wouldn`t start today nothing at all did what you suggested and hey presto it started many thanks. Thought I would have to bin it
-
Anonymous
2016-03-29T01:15:07+00:00 Does anyone have this happen after hibernating as well? Or is it safe to let the laptop go into hibernation?
-
Anonymous
2016-03-29T02:21:52+00:00 Does anyone have this happen after hibernating as well? Or is it safe to let the laptop go into hibernation?
I've had occasional trouble turning on my T100. Last week, I know I had charged the machine the day before, but it wouldn't turn on. Finally, I plugged it in and after it finally then turned on, I could see that the battery was critically low. So apparently I hadn't turned it off properly. A puzzle. I changed some of the settings, so I hope now if it is left on I will turn itself off. I would not chance hibernation.