Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!
My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on
I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you! This worked for me and was a simple fix. I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds. I then replace the battery and it starts up. It's an awkward fix but it worked great.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-01-12T16:09:47+00:00 Hi,
I Had the same issue with my brand new T100 notebook, after unpacking it from the box, I plugged it in to the power adapter, and then the power LED showed red light which means the battery is drained.
After 5 hours of battery charging, the power LED turned 'white' but still I wasn't able to start the notebook on. (even after 5 hours!!).
I called ASUS support and they asked me to hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then release it and push it again. Finally the screen turned on but showed Battery sign (Telling the notebook is half charged) and turned off again.
According to ASUS, the device should be plugged in to power for at least 8 hours, after waiting the remaining charging hours the notebook was able to turned on and work fine!
Hope this was helpful.
Thanks,
Talianog.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-01T13:46:30+00:00 Thanks, this worked for me by just unplugging that plug and plugging it back in. You just saved me time and money. I called ASUS and they told me to wait 24 hrs to let the battery die out and try to turn it on, and if that doesn't work I'll have to send it in. Well that didn't work. So I was preparing to send it in until reading this article. I had to send it in for another issue before and I was out $15 for shipping and was out of a laptop for 3 weeks. Now problem solved! Thanks again!
-
Anonymous
2016-03-12T22:20:13+00:00 Worked for me too!