My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-04T19:46:26+00:00

    THIS WORKED...THANKS SO MUCH!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-17T19:31:38+00:00

    Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

    I tried all the answer's, none worked. I took the back off the screen section and found the battery level sensor, ohmed through it caused the white light to come on and it is working fine again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T01:17:27+00:00

    i have a tf100. Mine was making a crackling sound from the back of the speaker and shut off. no picture nothing but crackling for hours. finally, i held down the power button and both volumes, the plus and minus, that whole button along with the power. then it flashed the picture of the battery. 

    so then i just held down the power button and it came on. it has a hard sleep cycle. i was pissed. who wants a new machine with a known glitch and have to send it back on your own dime. really??? 

    pffft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments