My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-11T13:17:28+00:00

    Hi guys.

    I have two (well I sold one) of these and I joined this forum just to tell everyone that the ORIGINAL USB cable does NOT charge the device properly.

    As soon as I connected another USB charge cable (an old Nokia cable), with ORIGINAL adapter, it charged properly!

    The orange light comes on with the ORIGINAL cable, but it doesn't really charge: When turned on, the charge light comes on, but Windows doesn't recognise it as charging for long. With a "better" cable (and ORIGINAL adapter) Windows shows it charging until charged.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-24T18:55:44+00:00

    My t100ta was working fine . I set it aside for a 4 hours, I just close the lid

    I open again the lid and it was so hot. So I thought it must've battery empty died so I charged it . The following day I tried turning it on, nothing.

     I tried holding down the turn on  with windows button ( volume button) at the same time, and the turn on button right led just is blinking whte color 5 times

    the camera light shows white blinking but nothing on my screen

    please help me....

    avanter at gmail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-14T23:00:43+00:00

    Ok so anyone who has this problem sometimes yes holding the power and volume buttons will work but when it doesn't work what do you do? Give up? Call tech support and Wait beyond and forever for a answer? Absolutely not gonna happen an I right? Ok so this is what you do just hold the POWER BUTTON DOWN UNTIL YOU GET IT TO COME BACK ON IT'LL GO INTO UPDATE MODE LET IT UPDATE AND VIOLA PROBLEM FIXED but to be on the safe side definitely download the bios update probably just a smart thing to do. Also the power and volume trick does NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments