Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!
My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on
I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you! This worked for me and was a simple fix. I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds. I then replace the battery and it starts up. It's an awkward fix but it worked great.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-11-28T03:49:39+00:00 Make sure you press power button for 10 or sometimes 20 seconds. Or try a few times it will come alive.
For Asus T100, the charging/sleep and then wake-up is now a known issue. The same problem occurs on "restart". Asus has posted BIOS update that will fix this but taken it offline to further refine it.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-25T14:31:53+00:00 Hi Noah,
Please answer these questions to assist you in a better way.
1) What exactly happens when you press the “Sleep” or “Power” button on the laptop? Does the laptop respond to it?
2) Are you able to see the main power light blinking on the laptop?
3) Did you try removing and reinserting the battery on the laptop?
If the computer does not respond at all, then this issue could be either due to the faulty battery or some problem with the SMPS (Switched-Mode Power Supply) on the laptop. Since, this seems to be a hardware related issue, the best option that I would suggest is, to contact the ASUS Technical Support from this link:
Hope this is helpful.****