My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-27T21:40:49+00:00

    Hold down the down volume button and then hold down the power button and it will turn on to the BIOS screen. Use the arrow keys to move to save and exit and hit enter. You will then boot up OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-20T21:59:47+00:00

    I have the same problem and this is my second T100 - I returned the first but at least it lasted a week - this one only lasted one charge.

    Very frustrating but at least I now know I am not alone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-19T05:08:42+00:00

    I just fixed my T100 earlier today by simply opening it up and plugging the battery back in. 

    I know opening it up sounds extreme but trust me its the easiest thing I've ever done. Just grab a guitar pick and slide it across the bottom where the tablet docs to the keyboard. Slide it all the way around the unit until you can pop open the cover. I swear it was built to be opened like this so it should be really easy.

    Once you have the back off you will see the battery and a little clear tape over the spot where it should be connected. Mine looked connected but when I pulled on the tape the plug came right out. I recommend you completely unplug it and push it back in. You should feel it click.

    Just cover it back up and your done.

    I called both Asus and the msftstore I bought it from and they both said to send it back but this saved me a lot more time and hassle.

    Btw the reason it wasn't turning on is because the battery didnt have a charge. If the battery is not plugged in the little red light still turns on but the battery is not getting any juice so you'll never have enough charge to actually turn it on past diagnostic mode. Bios won't really help here but I updated mine just in case after I fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments