Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!
My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on
I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you! This worked for me and was a simple fix. I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds. I then replace the battery and it starts up. It's an awkward fix but it worked great.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-04-22T07:35:44+00:00 This worked perfectly! I was able to ply off the back and reseat the battery as well as add more padding to keep the battery from moving so much.
-
Anonymous
2014-03-13T14:34:16+00:00 I had the same issue I follow the instructions the pop the screen off and yes I reseated the battery cable in my issues were gone thank you
-
Anonymous
2014-03-07T22:11:11+00:00 This happened to me after dear hubby dropped his. I was afraid ASUS would reject it, so I thought I would try to fix it myself. I opened the tablet up using a butter knife along the edge (there's a youtube video on how to open it up.) Everything is literally held in place with scotch tape. The light was flashing because the battery connector was loose. It's black and underneath a yellow piece of tape. Lift the tape, pull the connector out and then firmly push it back into place. Worked for me! Hope it helps.