My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-26T18:15:37+00:00

    Actually if Noah's problem is the same as mine, it simply will not turn on.  Tried holding the power button down for a minute then turning on and I got nothing. The only thing that happens to show signs of life is that the light next to the power button flashes when plugged into the charger.  the battery is not removable from this model. Kind of a bummer Christmas present for a kid.  It worked for about 8 hours.  Asus Tech support said return it.  Anyone know of some tricks?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-02T10:47:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T14:31:53+00:00

    Hi Noah,

    Please answer these questions to assist you in a better way.

    1)       What exactly happens when you press the “Sleep” or “Power” button on the laptop? Does the laptop respond to it?

    2)       Are you able to see the main power light blinking on the laptop?

    3)       Did you try removing and reinserting the battery on the laptop?

    If the computer does not respond at all, then this issue could be either due to the faulty battery or some problem with the SMPS (Switched-Mode Power Supply) on the laptop. Since, this seems to be a hardware related issue, the best option that I would suggest is, to contact the ASUS Technical Support from this link:

    ASUS Support

    Hope this is helpful.****

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments