My Asus T100 transformer wont turn on

Anonymous
2013-11-24T19:50:22+00:00

I let my brother check out my computer last night and he said he put it on the charger and put it into sleep mode and now it wont turn on. Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think I should just return the device, since I cant even update it at this point.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-13T17:11:41+00:00

Mine wasn't the battery; had a full charge and white light. Holding down the volume and power worked for me. Thank you so much!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-04-02T14:38:50+00:00

Thank you!  This worked for me and was a simple fix.  I have an Asus laptop that this happens to on a regular basis and I have to remove the battery and hold down the power on button for a few seconds.  I then replace the battery and it starts up.  It's an awkward fix but it worked great.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-14T23:00:43+00:00

    Ok so anyone who has this problem sometimes yes holding the power and volume buttons will work but when it doesn't work what do you do? Give up? Call tech support and Wait beyond and forever for a answer? Absolutely not gonna happen an I right? Ok so this is what you do just hold the POWER BUTTON DOWN UNTIL YOU GET IT TO COME BACK ON IT'LL GO INTO UPDATE MODE LET IT UPDATE AND VIOLA PROBLEM FIXED but to be on the safe side definitely download the bios update probably just a smart thing to do. Also the power and volume trick does NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-07T02:06:45+00:00

    I tried all of these things numerous ammounts of time with no  success.  I even left the battery to drain and then fully charged it a few times to try at different batterey levels.  It went on for over a week ike that so I eventually replaced it with another 2 -in- 1 (Nextbook Flexx 10 - it is almost identical specs and was even $20 cheaper but has flimsy keyboard kinda but it does the job).  Back to the Asus however I didn't return it when I replaced it I purchased the new tablet outright and continued to try over and over to get the ASUS to power on because there was no catastrophic event that caused the power failure,  and now after 6 weeks I tried just holding the power button for a very extended period of time and somehow I saw the screen backlight flicker and then turned on continuously.  so for anyone who is having the trouble without an actual cause,  if you put more time into it you will be able to power it back on.  If you dropped it in water off of a balcony after it bounced off of rocks however this may not apply.  But good luck and keep trying to the rest of you with this issue.  If your power button LED blinks orange 5 X's (don't quote me on that,  may be 4-6) then don't give up.  That is the  situation I was stuck in for over a month because I was too impatient to put in more then 5 minutes before I would give up.  But when I say I held the ower button in for an extended period of time I mean between 3-5 minutes after holding the volume down button + Power button down for about 3-5 minutes.  Try different combinations of these peoples attempts and magic happens.  Thanks to all of you who replied to this mans question.  LoL I now have two 2-1 tablets to play with and Love windows 10 on.

    EDIT - Whatever is causing my issue is still an issue however now the battery screen turns on when I press the volume button instead of the black death screen never changing.  So its still a 100% improvement,  but another 100% of the issue causing my reboots now needs to be fixed,  Hopefully I can find the EUFI update and hopefully the Win-X updates help at least a little.

    Again Thanks a million times over,

    J.N.P.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-03T02:29:22+00:00

    Make sure you press power button for 10 or sometimes 20 seconds.  Or try a few times it will come alive.

    It's an inconvenience, but yea, that seems to work. Odd though that is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments