I'm glad I'm not the only person who's really angry at this happening.
Yesterday I got yet another blue ribbon notification that was "encouraging me" to update to 8.1. Now, I've been getting these for months, each time it came up, I'd say remind me later just so I wouldn't have
to install the update.
The first time I got the notification to upgrade, I instantly had a look online to see if the upgrade was worthwhile, and judging by the issues people were having, I didn't want it, so each time declined. As I said, this went on for months. Last night, I
got the notification again while I was doing banking online, before bed. Not only was this inconvenient but the fact there was no option for me to decline, really annoyed me. I could use stronger words, but I won't.
So, an hour later, having stayed up to check on the progress and to make sure I'd paid those bills
I was in the middle of doing before Microsoft hijacked my laptop without my consentto install an update I didn't want, I waited for the boot up. Nothing looked particularly different aside from having Internet Explorer and an App store plastered
on my task bar.
The issues I have with this are as follows;
- My audio is now tinny and low quality compared to how it was before
- I can't full screen things in confidence because 9/10 times it will crash
- My laptop now takes an age to boot up
- Videos skip and lag
- My wifi connection is now hit and miss despite never having a problem with it before
- I didn't want this, but I was forced to install it with no authority over the computer I spent my hard earned cash on
- Possibly worst of all, Microsoft are aware of how unhappy it's users are with this update and continue to distribute it, even though many issues have been brought to their attention. I'm just lucky that I'm not one of the unfortunate people who had their
systems bricked by this update and lost valuable work because of it.
Microsoft has made some very questionable choices about the design of Windows as of late, if problems like this keep arising with the company, more and more people are going to migrate to Apple. I've never been an Apple fanatic, but with stuff like this,
I've been teetering on the edge of buying a Mac.
Truly disgusted, Microsoft.