Sony VAIO laptop upgrade to Windows 8.1 brightness problem SOLVED!!!

Anonymous
2013-10-22T16:48:25+00:00

Just sharing the solution to this.  Recently I have been searching all posts, forums, and questions/answers on the net.  But I have not been able to solve the problem of screen brightness adjustability on my VAIO laptop.  Some minutes ago, I updated all my drivers (Intel) on the official sony website, which is available to all sony users.  The problem still persisted.

What really solved the problem is that the NVIDIA graphics was outdated.  I have a GT740M, and updated it to 8.11.18.1146 and rebooted.  The update is available in VAIO Update (desktop).  Now my screen brightness can be adjusted, as I normally did, with the Fn Key!

Hope this helps other VAIO users.  Good Luck!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-24T18:26:08+00:00

    Mas Opciones de energía > Cambiar la Configuracion del plan > Cambiar la configuracion avanzada de energía > Pantalla > Brillo de Pantalla (poner 100) - Brillo de pantalla oscurecida (poner al 100) habilitar brillo adaptable (desactivar)... Espero sea de ayuda.... 

    Write in English ,please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T21:16:11+00:00

    This resolved it for me. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-28T09:16:18+00:00

    thanks for sharing, fixed my problem !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-24T01:43:23+00:00

    I have followed VAIO control center/Image Quality/Turn off Auto Brigthness. Its perfectly works.

    Thanks Steven...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-19T20:51:58+00:00

    Actually the second method failed, i disabled them both now. It works for me without the auto brightness. I guess you guys have to turn it off in the Vaio Control Centre.

    I've been fiddling with this for a year. I had no idea this stupid Vaio had its own control center that overides the windows controls. That's just stupid design. But thanks for the clue! It seems to be working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments