Funny how life is. I was having problems with my brightness since I updated to Win8.1, I got tired of the brightness and decided today to do something about it. I tried to do all the Vaio updates, read through all these and really didn't find any that worked
for my Vaio E Series SVE1413CCXW
AND THEN I noticed Windows Update had this waiting to be installed:
Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Installation date: 3/2/2014 10:37 PM
Installation status: Succeeded
Update type: Optional
Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in January, 2014
Now my Brightness controls work just fine :)
Thanks BobDeLoyd for the input.
Like you, I also downloaded the update immediately on seeing your post, applied it and was happy for exactly a day.
That's right, only for a day! Because the very next day on 4th March to be precise, things were back to normal, I mean abnormal, Lolzzzzzz.
The brightness level has got stuck at the lowest level again. It does not move up at all.
Guess Win 8.1 has screwed up everything and neither Intel nor Sony is doing anything in the matter at all. Nor will they ever do anything about it, not even Microsoft for that matter.