Hi
Nilesh
Can you send GT740M, and updated it to 8.11.18.1146 link. Because in my vaio FN key are not working.
Thank You
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Just sharing the solution to this. Recently I have been searching all posts, forums, and questions/answers on the net. But I have not been able to solve the problem of screen brightness adjustability on my VAIO laptop. Some minutes ago, I updated all my drivers (Intel) on the official sony website, which is available to all sony users. The problem still persisted.
What really solved the problem is that the NVIDIA graphics was outdated. I have a GT740M, and updated it to 8.11.18.1146 and rebooted. The update is available in VAIO Update (desktop). Now my screen brightness can be adjusted, as I normally did, with the Fn Key!
Hope this helps other VAIO users. Good Luck!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi
Nilesh
Can you send GT740M, and updated it to 8.11.18.1146 link. Because in my vaio FN key are not working.
Thank You
Hi,
My experience says that if I restart my laptop, display works fine. But if I shut down or sleep or hibernate, the display is stuck either on low or on high. It doesn't budge from there.
So, whenever I want to adjust the display setting, I simply restart my laptop.
That's it.
I haven't tried the registry tweak as yet....
It seems you have the same problem as me (though I use VAIO S12X9E). If yes, then none of workarounds frs topic or fromom thi anywhere else work and brightess is inoperative and stuck on pretty low level.
Luckily after days of searching I found that there is a way to fix this - Fn+F5/6 still won't work, but other ways to adjust brightness are working, and finally max level is as bright as it was on Win7.
You have to edit registry key FeatureTestControl in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001 (OR 0000)
Change its value to whatever it was on Win7 (the key can be found in the same place or in CurrentControlSet - you should check it to be sure, but you can also try mine value - then remember to write down your Win8 standard value so You can revert the change in case mine doesn't work for You).
In my case it was fb20 (hex) - that is for VAIO S12X9E with Intel i3 1st gen./Intel HD Graphics.
This fix with right value should work for any Intel HD Graphics.
Since there isn't a solution in this thread, I've gone ahead and opened a question on a clearer Q&A site, Super User.
You can find the question here:
http://superuser.com/questions/723641/cannot-change-brightness-on-sony-vaio-fit-15
Enjoy BobDeLoyd with Sony, Intel and Windows!!!!
I have now restarted my system and all of a sudden the brightness level can be changed up or down.
This Win 8.1 is so stupid that it does not understand Shutdown, it only understands restart.
All along, I used to shut down my system for safety, today on a hunch, I thought why not try restart. And voila, all works fine now.
Give it a try.
And yes, Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy