This resolved it for me. Thanks!
Sony VAIO laptop upgrade to Windows 8.1 brightness problem SOLVED!!!
Just sharing the solution to this. Recently I have been searching all posts, forums, and questions/answers on the net. But I have not been able to solve the problem of screen brightness adjustability on my VAIO laptop. Some minutes ago, I updated all my drivers (Intel) on the official sony website, which is available to all sony users. The problem still persisted.
What really solved the problem is that the NVIDIA graphics was outdated. I have a GT740M, and updated it to 8.11.18.1146 and rebooted. The update is available in VAIO Update (desktop). Now my screen brightness can be adjusted, as I normally did, with the Fn Key!
Hope this helps other VAIO users. Good Luck!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-08-11T21:16:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-24T18:26:08+00:00 Mas Opciones de energía > Cambiar la Configuracion del plan > Cambiar la configuracion avanzada de energía > Pantalla > Brillo de Pantalla (poner 100) - Brillo de pantalla oscurecida (poner al 100) habilitar brillo adaptable (desactivar)... Espero sea de ayuda....
Write in English ,please.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-24T17:43:22+00:00 Mas Opciones de energía > Cambiar la Configuracion del plan > Cambiar la configuracion avanzada de energía > Pantalla > Brillo de Pantalla (poner 100) - Brillo de pantalla oscurecida (poner al 100) habilitar brillo adaptable (desactivar)... Espero sea de ayuda....
-
Anonymous
2014-05-21T14:15:36+00:00 ^^ This fixed it for me. I have a literally brand new Sony Vaio Fit 15 Flip Laptop and the brightness said it was on max setting but it was reeally dim, but would suddenly light up to actual full brightness for like 5 seconds when i restarted it. Adjusting this setting actually made my max brightness the max.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-02T14:47:10+00:00 i hava sony vaio vpcea45fg model, my webcam and brightness controll doesn't work , can u gime solution!!!!!!