I'm having the exact same issue with the following setup:
Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3
Asus H97-Pro (UEFI 2705)
4x 4096MB Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G
Samsung SSD 840 EVO (Firmware EXT0CB6Q)
ASUS Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Enermax MODU87+ 600W
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
I'm running Windows Bitlocker with Hardware Encryption (Windows eDrive) enabled on my EVO 840 SSD. The system runs stable, except when I'm at the password prompt of Bitlocker (random crashes).
Every time it crashes, I get 2 Kernel-PnP warnings in my windows event viewer:
- Event 219 \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1
- Event 219 \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000
It seems that this device is the "AMDA00 Interface". Updating/reinstalling the ASUS Probe II Sense Driver 1.0.1.0 did NOT help.
It really seems that this is an ASUS-related issue.
I just submitted the needed details to an ASUS-employee, and he promised me to forward my information to Taiwan.
Really, we need more people reporting this to ASUS! Please, open a ticket, submit necessary information!