Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker

Anonymous
2013-10-24T14:21:58+00:00

Hi,

When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-23T10:38:37+00:00

    I have the same problem with a Dell Desktop XPS 8700 running Windows 8.1 Pro.

    You have joined an ever increasing in length thread on this problem, no-one seems to have found the answer yet (months) although there are some earlier suggestions worth trying. 

    I have wrestled with the problem for 18 months, the most times I have had to input my password before success was 6, the average is probably 2. It happens about 70% of the time.

    Updating the BIOS seems to have made a marginal improvement.

    The good news is that I have never been completely locked out.....yet !

    The variation on devices/brands suggests to me that this is a Microsoft issue.

    I am sticking with it until Windows 10 appears later in the year and hopefully that will be the end of it, otherwise it is off to TruCrypt successor VeraCrypt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T18:24:37+00:00

    It would be nice if someone from Microsoft Support could weigh in on the issue of this thread. I have the same start-up issue also on a Dell Desktop XPS 8700 running Windows 8.1 Pro with BitLocker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T18:45:51+00:00

    Post your question here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home if you want to get a better chance of getting Microsoft's input. Bitlocker is considered a enterprise feature and a more IT pro setting. That is the correct Microsoft forum for that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T19:41:39+00:00

    I think there are threads on this there:

    technet 1

    technet 2

    but no real answers there either ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-30T20:09:17+00:00

    Yeah its all over the map. It usually comes down to a bios issue. Windows hasn't loaded all the way so your only left with firmware and hardware.

    It would be best to contact the device makers for help to let them know there is an issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments