Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker

Anonymous
2013-10-24T14:21:58+00:00

Hi,

When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-07T17:44:34+00:00

    Have you tried booting in safe mode? www.vindamedia.com/windows/help/how-to-boot-in-safe-mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-07T17:13:06+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem with a Dell XPS8700. It will frequently take at least 2 or 3 attempts to get the password in before it closes down. The most it has ever gone is about 6 times before it would accept the whole password (17 characters). I have never seen it stay on for more than 10 seconds at anytime. I have had the problem ever since I activated Bitlocker. I would really like to know what the issue is, I'm stumped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T23:18:20+00:00

    Thanks very much for this suggestion! I had also done a few Google searches, strange enough I had not come across this link. I'm going to ask Gigabyte, the manufacturer of my motherboard, about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T18:32:05+00:00

    I've checked around, and there are a few people experiencing this problem. The change log for BIOS updates on some systems implies that this might be fixed by a BIOS update: see, e.g., http://ebookily.net/txt/wwwfujitsucom-136652684.html.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T15:22:05+00:00

    Still haven't found a solution, but I'm pretty sure my power supply and the hdd are OK, there is no overheating, and disabling BIOS power saving options also didn't affect it. I swapped the psu and hdd (with different models) to see if they are the culprit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments