Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker

Anonymous
2013-10-24T14:21:58+00:00

Hi,

When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-09T08:21:12+00:00

    After a few days, I had no more shutdowns (previously, they happened most of the time). So in my case it seems clear that the ACPI Probe II sense driver (AMDA00) on my ASUS board was the main culprit than lead to frequent shutdown after variable, short times during password entry.

    Like I said, there is also an unrelated shutdown after 60sec if I don't enter the password, but that doesn't bother me since I don't take me that long to enter my password.

    So for other people with ASUS mainboards and quick (<60sec) or variable time shutdowns, from my experience I'd suggest updating the ACPI Probe II sense driver, which can be downloaded from the section of the ASUS website relating to your mainboard/motherboard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-06T10:54:50+00:00

    Great, thanks for that.

    I wonder how long we have to wait, it's only been 18 months for me !

    Good to know the problem is not my end.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-06T00:03:14+00:00

    Find a old drive and plug it in to the other SATA slot load windows on it and boot in to that drive then make a system image. That will tell you if it is the drive. I would be suspect of a company that can simply give you an answer "its not our fault its windows" did they do testing or did they just somehow know that by using the psychic troubleshooting method

    You should open a new thread and post the exact issues you get. That way you can get an answer to the questions.

    Does you shutdown only happen within the bitlocker login prompt or can you suspend bitlocker and recreate it. What are the time frame ranges it shuts down at? Are you getting a bitlocker recovery or a warning that you maybe at risk?

    Bitlocker doesn't really have the ability to shut down and really the only thing that is running during the phase you are at is hardware. The rest of the system is at a pause.

    You can create a USB unlock key and see if you get a crash when there is no user entered password required

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-05T16:20:01+00:00

    I have asked Gigabyte support about this in a ticket on their support website. The answer I eventually got was that it is not a hardware issue but something which it is up to Microsoft to fix.

    I will quote the answer I got below:

    "Good news:

    MS replied them have face same issue before, we are waiting their further reply

    So it´s no problem of your hardware.

    We will update you once there are any news."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-05T12:56:38+00:00

    Thanks bur didn't work for me as the shut down times are hugely variable

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments