Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker

Anonymous
2013-10-24T14:21:58+00:00

Hi,

When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-17T14:00:53+00:00

    good to know and glad to hear it worked!

    cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-17T09:03:30+00:00

    I've got it working already. I found out that when i execute just bcdedit alone without parameters, it shows in the list that the bootshutdowndisabled=yes has worked, even it gave the error in the end. bcdedit even gives the "wrong parameter" error when i give no parameter at all.

    Anyway, the bitlocker pre-boot authentification shutdown problem on my ASUS Z97-P is gone, thanks to this thread!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-17T05:43:34+00:00

    ...cmd as administrator and type in

    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1

    it says "wrong parameter"

    Puh, I've got Win10Pro up2date (stable ring) and could copy&paste it just fine... so this command is still working :-\

    Sry, I can't think of anything else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-15T13:09:33+00:00

    Hello, i have the same shutdown problem , pc shuts down at the bitlocker preboot authentification screen after 2-3 seconds sometimes. My mainboard is ASUS Z97-P with newest BIOS on default settings. I run Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 with all updates.

    However, when i run the cmd as administrator and type in

    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1

    it says "wrong parameter"

    Can someone help me please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-08-27T10:04:45+00:00

    Having successfully used this resolution on my Dell XPS8700 with Windows 8.1 Pro, when I upgraded to Windows 10 back it came again.

    Reapplied the fix and it seems to have resolved it again.

    For info if it helps anyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments